2009 Reading Rundown

With 2009 over I thought it would be a good time to examine my reading habits for the past year. I guess this could be considered part of my new years resolutions. My primary goal in 2009 was to read through Calvin's Institutes of Christian Religion in a year and then I listed 3 Fiction books from my favourite authors and some non-fiction books. 3 out of 4 ain't bad I suppose, but Calvin didn't get read unfortunately. All up a list of about 15 books. I read the following 27 books.





  • Anderson, Kevin J. The Ashes of Worlds (Saga of Seven Suns)
  • Anderson, Kevin J. The Edge of the World (Terra Incognita)
  • Hamilton, Peter F. Dreaming Void
  • Hamilton, Peter F. The Temporal Void
  • Hobb, Robin Dragon Keeper
  • Jr, Joseph A Pipa Westminster Confession Of Faith Study Book: A Study Guide for Churches
  • Lane, Timothy S. How People Change
  • Maier, Corinne Hello Laziness!: Why Hard Work Doesn't Pay
  • May, Julian Perseus Spur : An Adventure of the Rampart Worlds
  • May, Julian Orion Arm
  • May, Julian Sagittarius Whorl (Rampart Worlds)
  • Murray, Iain H. The Undercover Revolution
  • Olson, John B. Fossil Hunter
  • Piper, H. Beam Little Fuzzy
  • Piper, John John Calvin and His Passion for the Majesty of God
  • Pratchett, Terry Nation
  • Reynolds, Alastair Century Rain
  • Richmond, Walt & Leigh Gallagher's Glacier
  • Rowling, J. K. HARRY POTTER AND THE PHILOSOPHER'S STONE.
  • Rowling, J. K. Harry Potter And the Chamber of Secrets (Book 2)
  • Rowling, J. K. HARRY POTTER and The Prisoner of Azkaban (HARRY POTTER, Book 3)
  • ROWLING, J.K. HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE (BOOK 4)
  • ROWLING, J.K. HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX (HARRY POTTER 5)
  • ROWLING, J.K. HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE: (HARRY POTTER 6)
  • Rowling, J. K. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
  • Tolkien, J. R. R. The Hobbit
  • Wyndham, John Day of the Triffids



Most of these were fiction, 5 were non-fiction, none was my primary goal book.

I read plenty of Fiction:

  • the Harry Potter Series (7 books) from start to end which was enjoyable.
  • the Rampart Worlds Trilogy (3 books) by Julian May, an old favourite which I try to revisit every few years.
  • revisited some classic fiction novels, Day of the Triffids, The Hobbit & Little Fuzzy (review available here)
  • I completed the Saga of the Seven Suns by Kevin J. Anderson, now that the series is finally complete (7 books) I will have to revisit that series in a few years time and read them back to back.
  • started two new series by two of my favourite authors Dragon Keeper (Book 1 of the Rain Wild Chronicles) by Robin Hobb (review available here) and Edge of the World (book 1 Terra Incognita of series), as usual with both of these author these books could be read as a single entity but both really just introduced the main characters.
I did not read as much non-fiction as I wished to:
  • on my non-fiction reading list I added several Pocket Puritan's which are the writings of one famous Puritan author on one subject. They are only 58 pages long. Thinking to pad my list out and start somewhere I added these but never had the inclination to start on one.
So what I propose to do this year is read more non-fiction. Currently I am reading a history book on the First Fleet called 1788 by David Hill, and so far it is easy enough reading that I want to pick it up again once I put it down. (Finished, Review available here.)

Feel free to follow my progress every year over on GoodReads.

Liked what you read? Why not...

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Then head over to my Facebook page The BistroMath to join the conversation. You can also follow me on Twitter or YouTube. To do so click on the images below.

 Twitter  YouTube TheBistroMath

Comments

Popular Posts