RAW 140929


Here is a Random Assortment of Web articles which I found of interest this week and would like to share.  Click through to see:

  • Kepler’s Search for a Sustainable Bookstore
  • Publishing’s Holding Pattern: 2014 Salary Survey
  • 5 Tips For Getting Out of a Long-Term Reading Slump
  • 12 Reasons Why Churches Don’t Address Decline


Publishing Industry News

Source: Keplers Blog

Kepler’s Search for a Sustainable Bookstore 

publishersweekly.com - “The days when bookstores can rely on selling print books at full list prices to stay profitable are numbered...” Madan said.  It has been a little more than two years since Praveen Madan, co-owner of Booksmith, the San Francisco bookstore, took over as CEO of Menlo Park, Calif.’s Kepler’s Books and Magazines, in an effort to keep the iconic but struggling store from closing.... Full article




Publishing’s Holding Pattern: 2014 Salary Survey

publishersweekly.com - Employees at publishing houses worked a little bit longer each week and made a little more money in 2013 than they did in 2012. Those were just two of the findings of PW’s annual salary survey, which was conducted this summer and which, for the first time, featured a number of questions on racial diversity in the industry. While it’s no surprise that the publishing sector is overwhelmingly white, the lack of diversity is a bit eye-opening... Full article.

Reading

5 Tips For Getting Out of a Long-Term Reading Slump

bookriot.com - Have you gone through long-term reading slumps that have made me ashamed even to keep calling myself a reader. When you haven’t been reading for awhile, it can be hard to get back into the habit of reading. Where do you even start?   Full article

In regards to Point 5, Consider going digital.  I have found it very convenient to go digital. As much as I prefer a book in my hand, the physical size of a book can sometimes limit where, when or how many books you can take with you at times.  But my phone generally accompanies me most places, so with a digital copy I can pull out my phone and read almost every where.


Christian Church Issues

12 Reasons Why Churches Don’t Address Decline

thomrainer.com - author Chuck Lawless.  I have never met a church leader who said to me, “I really want my church to die. I’m not that concerned that we haven’t grown in years.” At the same time, though, most churches in North America are plateaued or in decline. Many of those churches have been in that state for years, if not decades—sometimes under the same leadership. Full article


Liked what you read? Why not...

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Then head over to my Facebook page The BistroMath to join the conversation. You can also follow me on Twitter or YouTube. To do so click on the images below.

 Twitter    Google+    YouTube   TheBistroMath

Comments

Popular Posts