Up and Coming Reads | Trekonomics: The Economics of Star Trek


The advent of 3D printing has introduced me to a new word, but not a new concept, it's Scarcity Economics and I've been hearing about it a lot recently.  If it hasn't already, I believe scarcity economics will soon be a major contributor to the Zeitgeist of our moment.

I have always been interested in how economics worked in Star Trek, especially since Replicators are so commonly available, which is why this book caught my eye.  I've purchased the audio book and am looking forward to listening to it.

Update 7th November 2016: When I had almost finished listening to this audio book I send out a tweet saying it was worth a re-read which kicked of an interesting Twitter conversation between the author and a few other people about what the transition from our current economic model to Trekonomics would look like.

I've now upload a new post on my thoughts and ideas about this audio book.  You can find it here:
Thoughts and Ideas About Trekonomics: The Economics of Star Trek

If you've read it I'd really love to know what you thought. You can reach me on Twitter @nqwolf or


Head over to my Facebook page The BistroMath to join the conversation. While you're there hit the 'like' button.





Trekonomics: The Economics of Star Trek 

by Manu Saadia

What would the world look like if everybody had everything they wanted or needed? Trekonomics approaches scarcity economics by coming at it backwards ― through thinking about a universe where scarcity does not exist. Delving deep into the details and intricacies of 24th century society, Trekonomics explores post-scarcity and whether we, as humans, are equipped for it. What are the prospects of automation and artificial intelligence? Is there really no money in Star Trek? Is Trekonomics at all possible?


This book is only available in Hardcover and Audio Book at the moment so if you're interested in a copy, visit your locate Bookshop or Library and place an order.
Amazon Link is here if you want to support the website.







Liked what you read? Want to known when new posts are up?
To follow me on Twitter or Google+ click on the images below.
 Twitter    Google+    YouTube


In these post titled 'Up and Coming Reads', I want to provide you with some suggested reading material that I think looks interesting and I would like you to consider too.

I may not have read these books yet, but they are on my radar and would like to share my interests with you. Check them out and see what you think.

If I've provided a link to Amazon then I'm hoping to get some sort of commission if you make a purchase. Doing so will help me buy more books so it should be a win-win for us both.

Enjoy reading more and thinking more... with your favourite beverage!

Comments

Popular Posts