The Year 1000 by Robert Lacey

Subtitle: An Englishman's Year

I'm one who prefers fiction (sci-fi or fantasy) but this book sparked my interest when I read the back cover. And it didn't disappoint me either I was quite fascinated by all the information gleaned from England 1000 years ago.

It was remarkable to see the similarities between 21st century man and 11th century man. The same human issues they dealt with back then are the ones we are still dealing with now... especially the commotion over the 'end of the world' when the calendar turned over to 1000. Definitely worth the read.




Liked what you read? Why not...

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Then head over to my Facebook page The BistroMath to join the conversation. You can also follow me on Twitter or YouTube. To do so click on the images below.

 Twitter  YouTube TheBistroMath

Comments

Popular Posts