Up and Coming Reads | The Hidden Oracle


From the pen of Rick Riordan, famous for his 'Percy Jackson and the Olympians series' comes this new offering: The Hidden Oracle.

I purchased the Australian trade paper version for my 9 year old son because he loved reading the Percy Jackson series.  I'm happy that he's getting some exposure to Greek/Roman Mythology, even if it's from a second hand source, but at least he's reading and enjoying the story.  So maybe it will make him more open to the classics in the future.

I asked him what he thought of the book so far and his expert opinion is 'It is good'.  Hopefully this doesn't contain **spoilers** but when I asked him what had happened so far he said 'They're still looking for Percy Jackson.'

OK, so hopefully that gets you interested.  I'll ask him to provide further info if he finishes the book.

If you want to get yourself a copy you can pick up a Kindle or Hardcover version here: link 

Or just visit your local bookstore or library, they're sure to have a copy it's a number one best seller after all.



The Hidden Oracle: The Trials of Apollo (Book 1)

Rick Riordan

How do you punish an immortal?
By making him human.
After angering his father Zeus, the god Apollo is cast down from Olympus. Weak and disoriented, he lands in New York City as a regular teenage boy. Now, without his godly powers, the four-thousand-year-old deity must learn to survive in the modern world until he can somehow find a way to regain Zeus's favour.
But Apollo has many enemies - gods, monsters and mortals who would love to see the former Olympian permanently destroyed. Apollo needs help, and he can think of only one place to go . . . an enclave of modern demigods known as Camp Half-Blood.


Interested? Use this link to grab yourself a copy from Amazon.
The Hidden Oracle: The Trials of Apollo (Book 1)
Wolf's Books may receive a commission.






In these post titled 'Up and Coming Reads', I want to provide you with some suggested reading material that I think looks interesting and I would like you to consider too.

I may not have read these books yet, but they are on my radar and would like to share my interests with you. Check them out and see what you think.

If I've provided a link to Amazon then I'm hoping to get some sort of commission if you make a purchase. Doing so will help me buy more books so it should be a win-win for us both.

Enjoy reading more and thinking more... with your favourite beverage!

Liked what you read? Want to known when new posts are up or how to get in touch?
Reach out to me or follow me on Twitter or Google+ 
 Twitter    Google+    YouTube

Comments

Popular Posts