Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller

Subtitle:Nonreligious Thoughts on Christian Spirituality


I started reading this book because it was thrust upon me. ''You need to read this book, its great' , "Have you read this book yet?" so I dutifully picked it up and read it.

It was a struggle to start off with; maybe it had something to do with the post-modern memoir structure, where he jumped forward and back through the years in a non-linear structure. It was an interesting read while I had the book open and some ideas Miller brings forward were thought provoking and I must say that I did end up enjoying what I did read.

However, after I put it down it was often difficult to pick up again to read. A good read yes, an enjoyable one? Not really.



Liked what you read? Why not...

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Then head over to my Facebook page The BistroMath to join the conversation. You can also follow me on Twitter or YouTube. To do so click on the images below.

 Twitter  YouTube TheBistroMath

Comments

Popular Posts