Today is Saint Andrews Day in Scotland, so is time to celebrate my Scottish heritage. Here are a Four + things you can do to celebrate...
1) Enjoy a traditional Scottish meal.
2) Chase it down with a 'wee dram' of whisky
Seeing this is a blog primarily about books...
3) Read some of Robert Burns, the Scottish Poets' works.
|MacTavish Tartan and Badge|
4) Get yer self Kilted oot (out).
Dust off yer kilt and wear it, If you don't have one, a quick web search will provided you with the Scottish heritage of your name, and provide you with a history of the name and a family tartan.
- Scotland.org is your gateway to Scotland, it will provide you with a lot of information about the Scottish culture, people and places.
- Learn about St Andrew. Did you know St Andrew is also the patron saint of Greece, Russia, Romania, Barbados, sock and pens (as in the patron saint of lost things) Check out this cute YouTube video,
- Learn to appreciate Scottish music. Here are two YouTube videos to get you started: Dueling Pipers & Albannach - The Fire and Thunder of Scotland
Special thanks to the following websites who provided inspiration: Scotland.org/, scotlandnow.dailyrecord.co.uk, theboutiquelife.com, redletterdays.co.uk