Random Articles - RAW 150913

The weekend is almost over and I trust you have enjoyed it.  I spent too much time in the North Queensland sun at a pineapple festival, which included a pineapple pirate pantomime, quite bizarre.

Anyway, I'm still making my way through The Dinosaur Lords but am sorely tempted to put it aside to start on the new Carson Mach novel,The Terminal War which was released this weekend.  I've just recieved my copy but haven't started yet.  However I will go out on a limb and say it will be a good read.  Pick it up now from Amazon for 99 cents


Whatever you're doing this weekend I hope you are able to spent a few moments with your favourite beverage and a good read.  I've been enjoying my default brew this weekend, an espresso.  (pictured left).







  • WSJ: High eBook Prices Result in Reduced Revenue
  • How Much Money do Libraries Spend on e-Books?
  • Think Before you Buy – Amazon or High Street Bookstore?
  • Pottermore readies radical relaunch
  • How ‘Dune’ almost prevented ‘Star Wars’ from ever being




---



WSJ: High eBook Prices Result in Reduced Revenue


the-digital-reader.com - The Wall Street Journal has noticed that one of the classic laws of economics, namely the inverse relationship between price and demand, has been playing out in the US ebook market over the past six months. Read more...




How Much Money do Libraries Spend on e-Books?


goodereader.com - A staggering 95% of all libraries in the United States have an e-book collection. Sometimes we take this granted and get irked that there is a long waiting list for a New York Times bestseller. Why can’t libraries simply have enough titles to meet the demand? The answer, is that libraries are gouged on the price for digital content from the publishers. Read more...




Think Before you Buy – Amazon or High Street Bookstore?


theweeflea - Yesterday I learned a valuable lesson. I needed to buy a book for someone and did my normal…looked it up on Amazon and was just about to press the button, knowing that it would arrive within a day and that it would be cheap. However before I pressed the thought struck me – ‘why are you doing this? Read more...




Pottermore readies radical relaunch


thebookseller.com - Pottermore, the website built to extend the Harry Potter brand online and sell e-book editions of the original seven titles, is to be relaunched with a radical new design and approach. The new mobile-first version will drop the gaming elements, focus on its core audience of young adults, and allow its content to be indexed by search engines. Read more...




How ‘Dune’ almost prevented ‘Star Wars’ from ever being


scififantasyfanworld.com - Had Jodorowsky’s film version of ‘Dune’ been complete, it would have been a success or it would have been a failure. Either way, it changes everything.  If it was a success, it would have been a very avante garde success, and it would be shocking. Maybe we wouldn’t have blockbuster super hero movies today. Read more...



Source



Liked what you read? Want to known when new posts are up?
To follow me on Twitter or Google+ click on the images below.
 Twitter    Google+    YouTube

Comments

Popular Posts