Weekend Reads - RAW 170623


The weekend is upon us again and I hope you have some good reading lined up. I'm currently reading a new series, Blackstar Command, from a favourite author of mine, A.C. Hadfield. I really like his writing style and story telling and have previously highlighted other books of his on this website. Take a look at those articles if you want to get an idea of what he's like. I'm almost finished the first book in the series (which is currently 75cents US) and will most likely start on the second one soon.

Love the colours!
Want to get yourself a copy check it out here: Prominence: A Space Opera Adventure (Blackstar Command Book 1) by A.C. Hadfield

My other A.C. Hadfield articles:

Quick Look at The Lost Voyager 
Two Space Operas Worth Reading | The Silver Ships and The Atlantis Ship 


    Thanks for reading so far, next up I have a favour to ask of you. I'm currently working on a series of articles that I hope will help people new or unfamiliar with science fiction understand the genre better and want to read more of it. I'm hoping you can help.

    If you have any questions about science fiction (or fantasy) or have an idea for an article that you'd like to read (or video you'd like to watch) please let me know. I've love to hear from my readers about what you'd like to see more of.

    You can comments on this blog, or contact me on Twitter or Facebook (details at the bottom of the page). Why not sign up for my newsletter too.


    Anyway, when it's time to relax this weekend, grab your favourite beverage and have a read of the following articles.





    A lifetime of collecting books has left the writer Howard Jacobson with back injuries, a lack of living space and a sense of sheer pointlessness. But he'd do it all over again. My father objected to my bringing books home before I'd read the previous lot. He didn't understand that books could just sit on shelves, unopened, and still satisfy whatever need drove the collector to collect them.

    Back in 1937, Leon Trotsky was bowled over by the way London “not only absorbed creatively the impetus given by the first Russian revolution [of 1905] but also courageously thought over again in its light the fate of capitalist society as a whole …

    If the world as we know it were to end tomorrow, he asks, what would be necessary to rebuild key features of civilization like agriculture, communication, transportation, and medicine? How far could such a post-apocalyptic society get?

    Researchers are working on plasma jet engines that could fly aircraft to the edge of space using air and electricity alone. This development would mean lower operational costs, extended range, and a clean power source for commercial flights.

    Scientists have discovered a potentially habitable Earth-like planet, located just 21 light years away, that may host liquid water on its surface.

    Lab-grown meat is about to go global, and one firm is feverishly paving the way



    Liked what you read? Why not...

    Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

    Then head over to my Facebook page The BistroMath to join the conversation. You can also follow me on Twitter or YouTube. To do so click on the images below.

     Twitter  YouTube TheBistroMath

    Comments

    Popular Posts