Weekend Reads - RAW 170707


When it's time to relax this weekend, grab your favourite beverage and have a read of the following articles. Start with this one: Discover | Beren and LĂșthien by J.R.R. Tolkien

Help support this blog by buying a T-Shirt on my TeePublic page here's a look at the latest one.

 The best number is 73

The best number is 73. 73 is the 21st prime number.  Its mirror, 37, is the 12th and its mirror, 21, is the product of multiplying 7 and 3... and in binary 73 is a palindrome, 1001001, which backwards is 1001001.


Now on to the articles:



I love space opera and off-world science fiction as much as anyone, and I’m a sucker for time travel stories no matter how hard they bend my brain. But what really captures my mostly organic heart are books that lay out the future of the planet we live on,


I’ll never forget the day my husband came home from work and asked me why I had moved all of our books from the dining room library and the upstairs hallway down to our unfinished basement. I quite reasonably explained that tornado season had begun.

Writing in the monthly magazine Shincho 45 (July) , Yuzo Tsubouchi despairs over the closing of bookshops with the title, It's not that books aren't selling; it's that you can't buy them.

What does hermeneutics mean? Where did the term originate and how is it used in day-to-day life? Jens Zimmermann, author of Hermeneutics: A Very Short Introduction, tell us 9 things everyone should know about hermeneutics

Every year, the design magazine eVolo holds a competition for the most ground-breaking skyscraper concepts. This year’s first place winner is the Mashambas skyscraper, a vertical farm tower that would be able to feed an entire town in sub-Saharan Africa. The conceptual skyscraper could also be disassembled, and moved to different locations where communities need it.




 The best number is 73.
The best number is 73. 73 is the 21st prime number.  Its mirror, 37, is the 12th and its mirror, 21, is the product of multiplying 7 and 3... and in binary 73 is a palindrome, 1001001, which backwards is 1001001.


Liked what you read? Why not...

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Then head over to my Facebook page The BistroMath to join the conversation. You can also follow me on Twitter or YouTube. To do so click on the images below.

 Twitter  YouTube TheBistroMath

Comments

Popular Posts