Recommend Articles - RAW 150220


Welcome again.  What is RAW, I hear some of you ask?  Well for those who are wondering, each Friday I post links to four or five articles that I found interesting this week, hoping that you will too.  You can then read these articles over your favourite beverage.  This Saturday morning I'll probably have a basic long black coffee,
  • Family Christian Bookstores File Bankruptcy
  • Kindle Unlimited Ruled Illegal in France
  • New Dr Seuss Books Coming in July
  • Comprehensive List of Free e-Book Websites for your e-Reader
  • Educators Foresee e-Books to be More Prevalent
  • Coffee-cup placement




---

Family Christian Bookstores File Bankruptcy

churchleaders.com - The largest Christian bookstore chain in the United States has filed Chapter 11 proceedings with a plan to sell its assets to a new subsidiary. Read More...


Kindle Unlimited Ruled Illegal in France

Ink, Bits & Pixels - In a move that surprises no one, the government of France announced today that subscription ebook services, including Kindle Unlimited, violated France's fixed price book laws. Read More...



New Dr Seuss Books Coming in July

Ink, Bits & Pixels - Penguin Random House is going to publish a recently rediscovered Dr Seuss book later this year. Read More...




Educators Foresee e-Books to be More Prevalent


goodereader.com - School libraries have been early adopters of e-books, but they have yet to transcend in a meaningful way in K-12 classrooms. This might soon change as a new report from 475 educators indicates... Read More


Comprehensive List of Free e-Book Websites for your e-Reader

goodereader.com - Many of the budget e-readers out there don’t even have a bookstore that is accessible by users and many people are left to fend for themselves to load content on it. Read More...



Finally...

The following article I think deserves to be highlighted.  It was just one of those memorable  articles that I kept thing about long after I read it.  I really enjoyed everything about it, from the writing style the investigation into the topic and the reasons as to Why coffee in Japan is so often served with the cup turned the 'wrong' way on the saucer. Why put the handle on the left if most coffee drinkers are right-handed?  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.


Coffee-cup placement


japantimes.co.jp - As luck would have it, not two days after I received your question, I walked right into the answer, or at least the beginnings of one. I was in Ibaraki Prefecture, cycling around Lake Kasumigaura... Read more.

Comments

Popular Posts