Random Articles - RAW 150410











Welcome to this weeks Random Articles from across the web.  I'm pretty excited about the first article, a new Kobo eReader is being released!  If you don't know, I loved my Kobo reader, it was one of the first models and I used it to into early grave.  You can read about this in my post Black Kobo, 4 years on.  So when I heard a new but cheap version was coming out I was excited.  Unfortunately, I don't think my current budget will allow me to get a new Kobo soon.  It's a pity I can't get a free one to review.  

Anyway... enjoy this weeks collection this weekend over your favourite beverage.  This week I'm still trying to improve my Chemex pour over brewing skills, but will also be making Bubble tea for the boys, it's a fun drink if you want to try it.


  • Kobo Disrupts the eReader Market with a $129 Kindle Voyage Competitor
  • Another Argument in Favour of ‘Print Books Will Never Die’
  • The Outdated Concept of a “Best Books” List
  • The Mostly Overlooked Treasure of a Library - The Audio Book
  • iiNet Lost To Dallas Buyers Club, What Happens Next?
  • Creating Focus In A Culture Of Distraction





---

Kobo Disrupts the eReader Market with a $129 Kindle Voyage Competitor


Ink, Bits, and Pixels - In 2010 Kobo disrupted the ereader market when it released its first Kobo Reader. That wasn't a very good device, and Kobo didn't have a huge market share, but Kobo was selling it cheap in the US and Canada. Its $149 price tag forced B&N and Amazon to drop the prices of their models, resulting in a much cheaper ereader market. Read more...

Another link about the new Kobo Glo HD here. Link




Another Argument in Favour of ‘Print Books Will Never Die’


teleread.com - I saw several posts this morning which linked to the adult colouring books story I had in the Morning Links a few days ago. I was amused to see this story go so viral, in part because I have been enjoying a revival in my art skills this year and have used some of these books. Read more...






The Outdated Concept of a “Best Books” List


goodereader.com - It doesn’t really matter what the list is or what it’s measuring, there’s bound to be a critic and there’s guaranteed to be a sore spot for a book, film, song, or other content that didn’t make the cut. That’s the sentiment behind a really insightful post on The Passive Voice over a list of the best children’s books of all time. Read more...






The Mostly Overlooked Treasure of a Library - The Audio Book


huffingtonpost.com - Close to 20 years ago, I took a job in a special library about an hour from my home. Long story short, the job was not what was it described as and it turned out to be a bad fit. I did learn a few things and one was the great pleasure of audio books. Read more...






iiNet Lost To Dallas Buyers Club, What Happens Next?


gizmodo.com.au - The landmark case that pit iiNet against Dallas Buyers Club LLC is over, with the Federal Court yesterday ruling in favour of the rights holder. You’ve probably read a lot about letters being sent out, but don’t flee the country just yet. Here’s what happens now. Read more...





And finally, if you haven't already read it yet there is my latest post:

Creating Focus In A Culture Of Distraction


wolfsbooks.blogspot.com.au - Have you noticed it? I find it happening to myself.   People today are too busy, too tired and too distracted to read.  I have a pile of non-fiction books, mainly on theological topics, which I want to read.  I longingly stare at them on my bookshelf and promise myself, this weekend or during the next holidays when I have more time.  Read more...





Liked what you read? Want to known when new posts are up?
To follow me on Twitter or Google+ click on the images below.
 Twitter    Google+

Comments

Popular Posts