Random Articles - RAW 150508


Welcome, I recently saw a t-shirt which said 'COFFEE, BOOK, & RAIN.  Oh what a perfect day.'  I could relate to that.  I've added the article below so you may find a t-shirt which you can relate to as well.  Anyway, following is my collected random articles from across the web which you may be able to enjoy this weekend with your coffee and rain.  Enjoy!


  • 7 Ideas To Get You Through Your Reading Slump.
  • How To Become a Better Reader in 10 Steps
  • Patterson donates $100k to ANZ indies
  • Trade wary of children's market boom.
  • TOR Books Now Eligible for an e-Book Upgrade for $2.99
  • Why Are e-Readers Great for Reading in the Sun?
  • 50 awesome literary t-shirts for book lovers.


7 Ideas To Get You Through Your Reading Slump

My new post comes with it's own companion video, check it out if you haven't already.  Video Link: https://youtu.be/UnWlZ1cVn9s

So how do you get out a reading slump?  I've had a 'sniff' around the internet found a few articles, read a few comments and have come up with a list of ideas that you can try to break you out of your reading slump. Read more...






How To Become a Better Reader in 10 Steps


publishersweekly.com - Reading is an essential part of my work, it’s an important aspect of my social life, and most importantly, it’s my favorite thing to do. I’m not a well-rounded person. But reading takes time, and most days, I can’t read as much as I’d like. As I was writing Better Than Before, my book about habit change, I adopted many new habits to help me get more good reading done. Consider whether these habits might work for you.  Read more...



Patterson donates $100k to ANZ indies


thebookseller.com - Editors, agents and booksellers have told The Bookseller they worry that authors are failing to reap the benefits of growth in the children’s book market. With 2014 being a record year for children’s books—sales of which grew 9.1% year on year to a value of £336.5m, according to Nielsen BookScan—a large number of new imprints and agencies have been created.  Read more...



Trade wary of children's market boom.


thebookseller.com - James Patterson has extended his support of indies to Australia and New Zealand, offering bookshops $5,000 each from a pool of $100,000 to spend on initiatives to get children reading. Read more...






TOR Books Now Eligible for an e-Book Upgrade for $2.99


goodereader.com - TOR is one of the largest science fiction and fantasy publishers in the world and there is another compelling reason to do business with them. If you have purchased in the past or buy a new print edition you can now get the e-book for $2.99. Read more...




Why Are e-Readers Great for Reading in the Sun?


goodereader.com - I am sure everyone has run into the situation where you need to hunt around for a bit of shade and get out of direct sunlight to read on your phone or tablet. LCD screens tend to reflect light like nobodies business because the average screen has multiple layers. Serious readers often turn to their trusty Kindles or Nooks because E Ink enabled displays are easily readable even in direct sunlight because the electronic paper reflect light like ordinary paper. Read more...




50 awesome literary t-shirts for book lovers.


ebookfriendly.com - “I like big books and I cannot lie” – this quote by Jim C. Hines is the most commonly used phrase on mugs, t-shirts, bags and everything else. You won’t find it in this overview. Read more...






Liked what you read? Want to known when new posts are up?
To follow me on Twitter or Google+ click on the images below.
 Twitter    Google+    YouTube

Comments

Popular Posts