Random Articles - RAW 150703



The big news this week... we had to add an additional 'leap second' onto our clocks and it broke the internet. Did you notice it?  Nah, neither did I, but because I work in the I.T field I had to sit through the hysteria. Anyway, here is my offering of Random Articles across the Web for the weekend.  Enjoy reading through them with you favourite beverage.  I'm attending a 'Princess Dinosaur' party tomorrow morning so my caffeine intake will be hurried and large in order to get everything ready before all the 3 year olds arrive.  Have a good one!

  • Leap Second Causes Sporadic Outages Across the Internet
  • Why DRM Leaves Such a Sour Taste in My Mouth
  • Amazon's new way of paying authors makes sense, and here's why
  • Publishers Can Learn a Few Things from Programmers
  • The Possibility in Blank Spaces


---

Leap Second Causes Sporadic Outages Across the Internet


wired.com -  YESTERDAY’S (Tuesday 30/07/15) LEAP SECOND caused “sporadic outages” in more than 2,000 networks that link machines across the Internet, according to a company that tracks the performance of online services. Read more...





Why DRM Leaves Such a Sour Taste in My Mouth


teleread.com - I have made no secret in the past about my hatred of DRM. Well, now the sour taste it leaves in my mouth is literal and not just figurative. With the death, early Monday morning, of the Keurig machine Read more...






Amazon's new way of paying authors makes sense, and here's why



fortune.com - The company is launching a new payment scheme for authors whose books are part of its Netflix-style book-rental program for the Kindle, in which writers will be paid based on how many pages a user reads. Read more...




Publishers Can Learn a Few Things from Programmers


digitalbookworld.com - As both a publisher and a programmer, I’m a member of a very select club. It consists of both those who started out as coders and went into publishing and those who did the reverse. I’m in the latter group Read more...






The Possibility in Blank Spaces


becomingminimalist.com - I have a problem with blank spaces. Whether it is an empty shelf in my closet or a pause in my conversation, I desire it to be filled. Filled with what? I’m not entirely sure. But I know when I leave it vacant, it feels like something is missing. Read more...




Liked what you read? Want to known when new posts are up?
To follow me on Twitter or Google+ click on the images below.
 Twitter    Google+    YouTube

Comments

Popular Posts